StartOut is the leading national non-profit focused on supporting LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs. Our mission is to increase the number, diversity, and impact of LGBTQ+ founders and amplify their stories to drive the economic empowerment of the community. We offer a highly subsidized suite of programs to founders, including a 6-month accelerator program, mentorship, expert office hours, an investor portal, events and community building.
Promoting diversity is at the core of StartOut’s mission, and we are committed to creating and fostering a vibrant, diverse community across StartOut employees, volunteers, members, clients, and contractors. StartOut is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants regardless of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. In order to promote and support diversity at every level, this policy also applies to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public.
The Community Support Manager is in charge of community engagement efforts as well as in charge of supporting the team with cross-functional initiatives. The role will involve both internal and external support.
- Community Engagement:
Support and engage with existing members to foster community engagement:
- Triage and reply to questions and ongoing requests from ongoing members
- Assist in converting leads to members
- Identify and organize community resources for our members
- Identify new members to highlight in our newsletters
Engage with new partners/ stakeholders to increase our impact:
- Triage and assess incoming requests from new organizations/ stakeholders
- Proactively source and assess speaking opportunities for StartOut
- Proactively source and assess new partnership opportunities for StartOut
- Execution support:
- Assist the ED and the COO with the execution of cross-functional projects/ initiatives, including (but not restricted to) the following:
- Hiring-related missions: job postings, applicant screening, interview scheduling, etc.
- DEI-related projects: sourcing new partners, channelling community ideas, support dedicated events, etc.
- StartOut Growth Lab & Demo Day applications & selection
- Assist the ED and the COO with team coordination efforts:
- Aligning calendars across the organization for national initiatives
- Internal communication: updating team & Programming Board members with the latest information, in a timely manner.
- Support the ED with Board and executive committee scheduling, and board of directors onboarding
- Update organizational guidelines and processes (when relevant)
- You are very detailed-oriented. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You are capable of juggling different kinds of work and shifting priorities, without much supervision.
- You live by deadlines and are a master communicator – you can keep yourself organized and deliver on time. When you sense a delay, you are quick to flag it and communicate roadblocks.
- You’re tech savvy and enjoy learning new systems to improve efficiency.
- Customer service experience is a plus.
- Bonus Points: you have experience using Salesforce, Asana, WordPress, Slack, and Eventbrite.
You must sign in to apply for this position.