GLSEN is the only education organization dedicated to creating safe & inclusive K-12 schools for all students regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Over the last 29 years, GLSEN has established a track record of remarkable systemic impact, which has been a powerful incentive for investment from individuals, corporations and foundations. Our Development team raises $8.5+ million a year from diverse sources for the organization’s life-changing work.
GLSEN is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to fill the role of Marketing & Events Manager to provide full-service support to our corporate partners. This person will be responsible for managing and enhancing a successful & growing event portfolio which includes two annual galas – the Respect Awards in New York & Los Angeles – as well as an annual Pride celebration in Los Angeles. They will also collaborate with corporate partners on co-marketing & proceeds benefiting campaigns, while engaging their employee affinity groups.
The Marketing & Events Manager raises philanthropic support for GLSEN priorities & programs by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, stewarding, & maintaining relationships with corporate partners. They are responsible for forming mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships with companies in order to strengthen & increase the organizational ties to these important philanthropic partners.
This person will be part of a seven-person team & will report to the Associate Director of Development, West.
– Overall management of fundraising events generating approximately $2.25mm (45%)
o Manage event production team & internal event partners on all event planning (coordinate meetings, prepare agendas, project manage internal processes etc.)
o Prepare prospect list and track revenue projections, conduct outreach, record pledges, & collect receivables in a timely manner
o Work with the GLSEN Media Relations & Public Voice team & other partners to prepare all event collateral & marketing material (invitations, program book, media releases, etc.)
o Partner with internal stakeholders on recruitment, vetting, selection, & award presentation for Educator, GSA, and Student Advocate of the Year Awards
o Work with GLSEN events team & vendors to ensure all sponsor benefits are fulfilled
o Ensure established budgets for each event achieve a responsible ROI in-line with industry standards
o Supervise & manage vendors associated with event planning, production, and execution; process invoices and payments for vendors
o Oversee event timelines to ensure deadlines are met
o Recruit, assign, and train on-site volunteers for day-of event needs
– Overall management of cause marketing & proceeds benefit partnerships generating approximately $1.6mm (45%)
o Collaborate with corporate partners on co-marketing campaigns with proceeds benefiting GLSEN, developing unique activations for each
o Identify prospects for program funding opportunities
o Review all legal agreements, record pledges, process invoices, & collect receivables in a timely manner
o Manage colleagues cross-departmentally to ensure deliverables are met
o Review all co-branded marketing materials & circulate for appropriate approvals
– Management of Employee Resource Group programming with corporate partners (10%)
o Brief all corporate partners on engagement benefits associated with their sponsorship
o Coordinate workshops, webinars, & trainings for partners with GLSEN ambassadors
o Keep employees & partner organizations informed about GLSEN’s work
o Coordinate with GLSEN Chapters on activations in local communities
– Proven ability to identify, cultivate, & secure sponsorships above $50,000; established record of strong funder stewardship
– Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & oral), & organizational skills
– Strong understanding of corporate philanthropy & fundraising events
– Great attention to detail & the ability to prioritize multiple assignments & complex tasks in a fast-paced environment
– Proficiency with fundraising databases, ideally Raiser’s Edge
– Ability to use cloud & VPN based systems to complete collaborative projects
– Team player who is goal oriented & deadline driven with the ability to take independent initiative
– An appreciation for the mission & growth aspirations of GLSEN
– 3-5 years of relevant experience in a non-profit fundraising setting
– Knowledge of LGBTQ, education, & civil rights issues
– Experience working with non-profit Board members
– Experience with, and appreciation for, a racially-equitable workplace & fundraising program
– Strong understanding of & commitment to working through a social & racial justice lens
– Willingness to travel occasionally & work some nights/weekends as needed
GLSEN offers a generous benefits package, including: five weeks paid time off for new employees in addition to 10 paid holidays per year; 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance for staff and optional benefits for family members (including domestic partners); life insurance; and a 401k plan with increasing employer contributions based on staff tenure.
This position will be located in Los Angeles, California. For more information see GLSEN’s website at http://www.glsen.org. To apply, please submit your resume and letter of interest at: http://www.glsen.org/apply-to-work-at-glsen
GLSEN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, people with disabilities, women, and non-LGBTQ people to apply.
You must sign in to apply for this position.