- This event has passed.
Webinar | Understanding the CARES Act Relief Payments
April 23 @ 5:00 pmFree
In March of this year, lawmakers passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which provides a number of economic relief provisions for workers to help boost financial security during the coronavirus pandemic, including a one-time payment that many people will be eligible for.
Many individuals still have many questions about the CARES Act relief checks, including who is eligible for them, how to get them, and what to do with them once they arrive.
Get your questions answered by policy and financial experts at this FREE webinar co-presented by Center for LGBTQ Economic Advancement & Research (CLEAR), the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR), and the Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) to learn more about the CARES Act benefits.
Panelists will discuss topics including:
- Individual eligibility for the benefits – Are You Eligible? How do you Become Eligible?
- How to make sure you get your benefits – What forms do you need to file? And how?
- Using your benefits for maximum effect – How can you avoid waste, fraud, and financial predators from sapping your stimulus check? If you currently have stable income, how can you use your benefit check for the greatest impact?
- April 23, 2020 at 8:00 PM EST – 9:00 PM EST (5:00 PM PST – 6:00 PM PST).
- Ashley Burnside, Policy Analyst, Income & Work Supports, Center for Law and Social Policy
- Tyrone Hanley, Senior Policy Counsel, National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Angel Garfold, Accountant, Concepts for Seniors
- Spencer Watson, Executive Director, Center for LGBTQ Economic Advancement & Research